This dreck posted by Poromenos on Saturday, September 11, 2004

Murphy's Law.

OK. Seriously, what is wrong with the universe? Do you know that law that says that basically nothing will ever go well for you? It's true. Whenever I buy something shiny, like, say, a new screen, and I go into a chatroom to brag about it, this is what happens:
Me: Hey guys, I got a new Sony 17" monitor!
PersonA: Big deal, I have the new LG 45" super-slim TFT screen!
So then I just shake my fist at them, yell and leave. The next day I write a nice program and I again go to brag about it, and it's like this:
I: Hey guys, I wrote a cool program.
PersonB: Cool, what does it do?
I: It's a student database in C++.
PersonC: Oh big deal, I wrote mine in assembly and it has windows and it can even make coffee.
I then wish plagues upon everyone's house and leave again, chagrined. In the next few days I develop a slight inferiority complex and try to do something to pass my time, like copy a DVD. I enter the chatroom again and seek help from the versed professionals dwelling there, but to my dismay, Murphy's law is in effect:
I: Hi guys, I just got a DVD, can anyone tell me how to copy my files?
PersonC: A DVD? What's that?
I: The thing you watch movies on.
PersonC: Oh, you can write files on it?
I: Uh, yeah.
PersonC: Wow, how do you do that?
I: ...
I pose this question to you: How can it be that whenever I want to show off there's always someone that does it better than me, yet whenever I need help, everyone's IQ seems to drop 100 units? I could ask the simplest question and people stop for a moment and stare at me with a kind of frightened look, much like cows looking at the meat grinder, before continuing to graze.
I am sure the universe has conspired against me. I am sure that all these molecules and crap have united to stop me from getting any joy in this life. I am sure that right now they are looking at me and laughing their little round asses off, but I will have my revenge. I will develop new methods of nuclear fission and convert all the buggers to energy. Then I will be rich and I won't need anyone to answer my questions, I will have enough money to buy things the way I want them. Shut up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poromenos said...

Absolutely right. However, it irks me to see that people don't recognise my abilties and importance and pretend to have something better than I do. Don't make me destroy you all.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home