This dreck posted by Poromenos on Tuesday, October 05, 2004

English lessons - Part two.

Hello, fellow readers. Your coming here can only mean that you can read (albeit barely enough to understand what I am writing). Today I shall continue to educate you on the proper usage of your language (unless that language is Russian and you are a tall, blond, HOT woman, in which case I will educate you later in private).
From what I have seen, there are two categories of people and myself. There are the people who can't distinguish between the nominative and the objective case and always use the objective case, and the people who can't distinguish between the nominative and the objective case and always use the objective case. Let me enlighten you further:
The first group of people (the majority) would say: "You and me are going to fuck them!"
I don't understand why someone would use this. You don't say "Me is going to fuck them", do you? Why would you use "me" here then? The correct phrase is "You and I are going to fuck them!".

The second group wants to appear more literate, and they say: "These two dolts are going to fuck you and I."
Again, why would you say that? You wouldn't say "They are going to fuck I." now, would you? No, you would use the objective me.
I can understand the first group, most of the time it's not worth the hours it takes to think whether you should use "I" or "me" to tell your cousin "Hay thar' Peggy Sue, I'ma go with tha fellers over to tha barn, get them varmints ready fer bed." ("Dearest wife, would you be kind enough as to prepare the children's sleeping arrangements?"). The second group, though, is unforgivable. They just want to appear to be well educated so they just throw an "I" everywhere, even where it's not correct. That is unacceptable.
The rule to speaking English well is very simple: Don't say together what you wouldn't say alone.
Examples:
Wrong: "John and me went to the whorehouse but the pimp told us we couldn't visit our wives while they were working."
The unfortunate person should have said "John and I", because had he gone alone, he would have said "I went", not "me went".
Wrong: "Our husbands saw Peggy and I while we were blowing some random guy at work."
Again, the same applies. The working lady would have said "My husband saw me", not "My husband saw I". It's really not that difficult.
I hope this clears up the grammar fog a bit. I will see you later.

By the way, you can only see a small part of Elisha's boob in "The Girl Next Door", while there is a scene where she pretends to fuck that ugly dude. Shame on the director. Nice boobs though, Elisha. Very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home