This dreck posted by Poromenos on Monday, December 20, 2004

Marketing.

Have you ever watched an ad on TV and thought "What the hell were these guys thinking?". I don't mean that the ad was horrible or terrible or bad, just dumb. For example, I was watching a Hugo Boss ad the other day, in which there is the perfume bottle on a rock or something and a young man tries to pick it up, but he can't. Then a mature man tries to pick it up, but he also fails. Lastly, a somewhat middle-aged man goes to pick it up, succeeds, and perfumes himself. Following this, a compelling voice booms "Baldessarini by Hugo Boss. Separates the men from the boys."
Sure, the ad is nice and the directing is great and all professional-looking, but do they really expect middle aged men to jump up from their barkaloungers as soon as they see it and, with a gleam in their eye, proudly exclaim "I must purchase Baldessarini by Hugo Boss IMMEDIATELY! I want to be separated from the boys!"? I bet noone did, NOT ONE! I mean, "Baldessarini. Hides the foul smell of fish." would be much catchier. I know that many older men would think "Wow! Now I can finally stop smelling like fish and smell all flowery-like!".
But, to give credit where it is due, there are some great ads. Intense, also by Hugo Boss, features the superhot supermodel superDaniela Urzi who, by the way, is superhot. The ad is generally great and its song, Tanga - Intense (Soulcleansing), is superb.
The best ad of all time, however, was the Axe one, where a chick wore her boyfriend's Axe because she couldn't find hers and then all sorts of hot chicks started hitting on her only because of all the Axe. That ad made me want to go buy Axe RIGHT AWAY, but I didn't, but I didn't have any money and I smell like roses anyway. That was sheer genius though.
Bored. Another mediocre post. Oh well, I'll go stare at Daniela now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno dude, that "Turderon" butt wipe ad was pretty damn good.... made me wanna squat one out onto a anthill just to try it out.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home