This dreck posted by Poromenos on Saturday, May 14, 2005

My Nobel prize.

The Nobel prizes. The Oscars of the intellectual world. The most illustrious ceremony since Moses parted the seas. The ultimate prize someone can get. The biggest fallacy since the female orgasm.


Yes, that's right. The Nobel prizes are FAKE. Big, fat fakers, all of them. We at Porocrom bring you another startling discovery, with concrete proof which we shall show you momentarily (and by momentarily I don't mean in a moment, I mean for a moment, because actually I made them up). The Nobel peace prizes are actually a fictitious scheme instigated by Alfred Nobel to deceive everyone apart from a few important people and to make those people feel better about themselves.


Think about it. When have you ever seen a Nobel prize ceremony take place, or heard of anyone actually receive one? Sure, you have heard about people being Nobel prize winners, but it is not clear when they received it. Whereas the Oscars, while much inferior, attract everyone's attention and are accompanied by media frenzy each year. One would think that the Nobel peace prize ceremony would cause the scientific/literary/whatever community to foam at the mouth and babble incomprehensible words, but no. Nothing! Therefore, I am forced to believe that it is fictitious.


In light of this new discovery, and since it logically follows that the Nobel prize winners have not actually ever won any prizes, I proclaim myself a Nobel physics prize winner for my discovery of the amazing power of shit, and my good friend Crommunist a Nobel literature prize winner for this amazing piece. I shall now stop writing because A) A Nobel physics prize winner can't just write whatever crap he thinks of and 2) I must shit. Also, some people have complained that my posts end too abruptly. No they don't.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a conspiracy against Greeks to make them think that no one receives the awards... Here in Texas, they show people being handed the awards on the news and whatnot. But congrats on your award!!!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Poromenos said...

Yes, that is FAKE, like the moon landing. It is all staged to make you think that the Nobel Prizes really exist, when, in reality, the only people that have won a Nobel prize to date are Crommunist and I (as I mentioned above). Don't believe the news, believe us.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Mother Theresa received her Nobel Peace Prize, she gave a speech thanking the organization, and accepting the prize not for herself, but for the poor, the weak, and the hungry.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Poromenos said...

Ah, Mother Theresa, another fictitious person... Also, allegedly, Alfred Nobel felt so guilty for having invented dynamite that he placed all the profits from it in a Swiss bank account and set up the awards, which are funded not from the money, but from the interest payed. Hmm, I wonder if I could make an withdrawal pretending to be Alfred Nobel...

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home